Herbal medicines are not harsh because they do not contain chemicals and are made from naturally available plants. This article helps find out the natural remedies to treat acne.
Millions of people are affected by acne all over the world, as the number of skin care products proves it available in the market for treating pimples. Many of the over-the-counter products meant for treating acne contain chemicals, which might deteriorate the skin and might be only a temporary remedy. As the people are now aware of the hazards of the chemical usage, everyone is looking for a natural and herbal remedy to treat acne. Herbal medicines are not harsh because it does not contain any chemicals and are compounded mixtures of naturally available plants and herbs.
Some of the natural herbal treatments for acne
Natural treatments can be in the form of lotions, creams, home made products or even herbal formulations. Below listed are some ingredients, which can be procured from a herbalist and made to use for treating acne.
- Echinacea and tea tree oil are the very common natural herbal remedies known for treating acne and is available widely. Echinacea and Oregon grape can help in increasing the immune system of the body. While tea tree oil consists of terpenoids, which is known for its antifungal and antiseptic property.
- Green tea is used in the defense of bacteria lowering the hormone activity, thus acne can be controlled. Almond oil is very good in removing acne scars.
- Apricot and citrus juices alleviate the presence of cysts and acts as a natural exfoliate, getting rid of the dead skin cells making the pores free from clogs.
- Distilled white vinegar can be applied as a topical solution on the affected area to cleanse the pores. Honey mask helps in the healing process of the skin affected by acne due to its anti bacterial quality.
- Green tea, chamomile and oatmeal are excellent herbs for treating inflammation due to its anti inflammatory properties. It helps to soothe the affected part and aids in the release of heat and making the skin to heal properly. When the affected part is washed with oatmeal, the itching sensation is reduced. Ginger helps to reduce redness and inflammation and can be consume in any form.
- Licorice is a very important herb used in the treatment of acne since the Middle Ages. Licorice increases mucous secretion, stimulating the adrenal gland function making the natural defense system of the body into overdrive to remove bacteria and germs responsible for acne and pus.